Another year has flown by, and it has been arguably the best yet for Ties by Lucy! From making the ties for multiple weddings, to donating over 40 ties and generating over $2,000 for charity, to having our first customer in Africa, to creating our first product for women, we went above and beyond our original goals for the year. Read below for some of our favorite memories of 2016!
1. We partnered with Wish for Wash, a non-profit based out of Atlanta. Wish for Wash aims to improve sanitation infrastructure through implementing toilets in Africa. We donated over 40 ties and helped them raise over $1,600 to reach their $25,000 goal.
2. We expanded to another store, River Road Pharmacy & Gifts in Columbus, Georgia. This store marks our first ever wholesale account, and we couldn't be more thrilled for more to come in the near future!
3. We made bow ties for multiple weddings this year. Some of our brides were sorority sisters, and one was last year's Miss Georgia Tech! Weddings are so exciting because we get to customize ties for the bride and groom, and we get to see beautiful photos from their big days.
4. We launched our first ever women's product, a bow tie bracelet. It's so fun to expand product lines and create items for women, and we loved getting to partner with Carsyn Leigh for a giveaway.
5. Our owner and crafter, Lucy, studied abroad in Europe this past summer and took along a koozie for photos along the way. We love getting photos from customers in cool places like the Georgia Tech/Notre Dame game, Piedmont Park, and more!
We are SO thankful for our customers and supporters around the globe! In 2017, we are looking forward to launching our Brand Ambassador Program (apply at www.tiesbylucy.com/affiliate-program), developing new product lines (can you imagine TBL dog collars?!), and updating our blog + social media + email newsletters a bit more often. Check back in with us to follow along with all of our changes!